Three Day Workshop: The Content / Expression of Your Art with Alex Powers
Workshop to be held on the main gallery floor
Monday Oct 10 thru Wednesday Oct 12, 2016
10 am - 4 pm
The workshop will include portrait demonstration, PowerPoint lectures, design lecture with illustrations and consultations of work from home. You will also receive individual critiques at your table/easel along with being involved in group critiques.
Alex Powers lives in Myrtle Beach, SC and has been an instructor throughout the United States and abroad. He exhibits in numerous galleries and has many national juried exhibition awards. Alex is the author of “Painting People in Watercolor—A Design Approach". www.AlexPowersArt.com
The Workshop fee is $250.00 ...Sign Me Up
Day 1 (Oct. 10, Mon.)
10:00 PowerPoint program "Content / Expression"
11:00 Students paint and Critique of work from home
* you may sit in on others' critiques unless it is marked “private”
* sign-up sheet (20 min. each); if you want it to be private, write
"private" after your name on the sign-up sheet
* 5 recent works from home; any medium; 2-D or 3-D
* originals, framed or unframed or loose-leaf
* or JPegs, flash drive for my laptop or yours
* you may paint instead of joining the critique session (or both)
12:00 to 1:15 lunch
1:15 to 4:00 continue critique as we were doing at 11:00
(3:00 to 4:00 group critique of day's classwork)
Day 2 (Oct. 11, Tues.)
10:00 Design PowerPoint with separate 18 design sheets displayed.
11:15 continue critique of work from home; others may paint or sit in on the
12:00 to 1:15 lunch
1:15 continue critique of work from home; others may paint or sit in on the
critiques; when I have finished I will come around to your easels
3:00 to 4:00 group critique of day's classwork
Day 3 (Oct. 12, Wed. .)
10:00 demo' drawing; portrait
11:30 to 12:45 Early lunch
12:45 * paint and
* one on one at tables / easels
* when your turn comes, as I go around the room, have your
classwork laid out on the floor or propped up somewhere
* I will be looking at classwork only
* to make sure that you know your expressive direction when
you paint at home later.
*** Bring a copy of this schedule to class for your reference.